Friday, June 30, 2006

End of School Year Blues....My poor kids

Today the kids (Parker, Morgan, McKay) attended their last day at school. I have to tell you the story of this last day.... the story begins with Parker and his last day of being a 6th grader which means next year he will be going to Junior High. Morgan and McKay will also be going to a new elementary school so I thought that the last day of school was going to be a joyful celebratory time for these kids, I thought they would come home and be happy and bouncing off the walls, mostly because of sugar and the parties in the classrooms. I was shocked when Parker and Morgan got off the bus and came to the house crying... I couldnt figure why these two would be so upset so I asked them what was going on. Parker through his tears said to me that he would miss his friends as he is the only kid in the class going to a different Junior High. Morgan was crying because her best friend didnt show up for school and she was afraid she would never see her again as these two have been split by the new school boundaries. McKay was ok though because his best friend lives only a few houses away from us and will go to the new school as well. So this is my afternoon with my kids... explaining that just because they will go to different schools doesnt mean they wont be able to get together with their friends. Boy what an afternoon!!! :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home